Head of laboratory: TUMANOVA Lidia, dr., PhD
1. Genetic-molecular research of the genomes of crop plants
2. Molecular diagnostic technologies of phytopathogens
• Design of specific primers using the Soft Primer3 application, the GeneBank database
• PCR, nested-PCR, multiplex-PCR, real-time PCR
• Analysis of the efficiency of primers created for PCR diagnosis of phytopathogens
TUMANOVA Lidia, dr., PhD, coordinating scientific researcher
ZAMORZAEVA Irina, dr., PhD, coordinating scientific researcher
BELOUSOVA Galina, dr., senior researcher
DEAGHILEVA Angela, dr., senior researcher
MITINA Irina, dr., senior researcher
MITIN Valentin, scientific researcher
CUZNEȚOVA Irina, scientific researcher
IGNATOVA Zoia, scientific researcher
BAHŞIEV Aighiuni, trainee scientific researcher
Grăjdieru Cristina, trainee scientific researcher
The design of specific primer sets was performed to identify phytopathogens that reduce crop volume and lead to degradation of agricultural production quality (TYLCV2, Ca. P. solani, species of g. Fusarium, Alternaria, g. Aspergillus, g. Myrothecium, g. Penicillium ).
PCR-analysis of DNA samples from wheat, tomatoes, corn, collected at different stages of development, allowed to establish the stages of their infection. Pathogens were identified in the case of mixed contamination in various organs of crop plants. It has been shown that estimating the concentration of pathogen DNA in plant tissues is an effective method of assessing plant resistance to a particular pathogen. Soil DNA has been analyzed for phytopathogens, which produce mycotoxins, the amount of which is regulated by the EU for food.
The developed protocols can be recommended for the laboratories of expertise of agricultural production in the Republic of Moldova.
1. Moldo-Belarus Project 19.80013.51.07.10A / BL. Complex analysis of the accumulation of mycotoxins in food products during storage, the project leader Dr. Mitina I.
2. STCU-ASM # 6378 (2018-2020) Elaboration of the new technique for evaluating the resistance of tomatoes to phytoplasma, the project leader Dr. Zamorzaeva I.
3. STCU-ASM # 6225 (2017-2019) Molecular monitoring of the most important fungal and bacterial diseases in apple orchards in Moldova, project leader Dr. Tumanova L.
4. Joint research project ASM-ASSIIU (2017-2018) Diagnosis of wheat root diseases, project leader Dr. Deaghileva A.
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahsiev A., Tumanova L. Optimal timing and sampling for reliable assessment of the resistance of tomato varieties to Candidatus Phytoplasma solani. Phytopathogenic Mollicutes. 2019, 9, 159-160. (IF:2.8).
- Grajdieru C., Deaghileva A., Tumanova L., Mitin V. Molecular analysis of some toxigenic fungi in moldavian tomato varieties. Materials of the International Conference ''Agrophysics Trends: from actual challenges in arable farming and crop growing towards advanced technologies", St. Petersburg, 2019, p. 302-307
- Bahsiev A. Effect of meterological conditions of the spread of phytoplasma in tomato. Molecular Genetics, Microbilogy and Virusology. 2019, 37(special edition), 15. (IF: 0.36)
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahsiev A., Mihnea N. Molecular diagnosis of phytoplasma infection at the stage of ripening of tomato fruits. Buletinul Academiei de Ştiinţe a Republicii Moldova, Ştiinţele Vieţii, 2018, nr. 1, p. 79-85.
- Deaghileva Angela, Mitin Valentin, Grajdieru Cristina, Tumanova Lidia. Monitoring of Alternaria spp and Fusarium spp. mixed infections in symptomless tomato plants, using molecular methods of plant pathogen identification. Materials of the international scientific-practical conference “Innovative aspects in the improvement of agricultural crops”, 2018, p.425-428.
- Cifuentes-Esquivel N., Celiz-Balboa J., Henriquez-Valencia C., Mitina I., Arraño-Salinas P., Moreno AA., Meneses C., Blanco-Herrera F., Orellana A. bZIP17 regulates the expression of genes related to seedstorage and germination, reducing seed susceptibility to osmotic stress. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 2018
- Belousova G., Shubina V. Molecular determination of pathogenic infection of Tomis tomato seeds. Materials of the international scientific-practical conference International Research and Development Conference «Biological Method of Plant Protection: Achievements and Prospects» 2018. p.49-55.
- Deaghileva A., Mitin V., Grajdieru C., Tumanova L. Molecular identification of Fusarium species in tomato. Materials of the International Conference ''Agrophysics Trends: from actual challenges in arable farming and crop growing towards advanced technologies", St. Petersburg, 2017, p. 451-454.
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahsiev A., Mihnea N. Ca. P. solani infection in tomato plants depending on the method of sowing and conditions of growth. Materials of the International Conference ''Agrophysics Trends: from actual challenges in arable farming and crop growing towards advanced technologies", Saint-Petersburg, 2017, p. 123-127
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahsiev A., Mihnea N. Molecular diagnosis of Candidatus Phytoplasma solani infection in some tomato genotypes at the different ontogeny stages. Oltenia Journal for Studies in Natural Sciences, V. 33 No.1, 2017, p. 48-52
- Paşa L., Cuzneţova I., Mitin V., Ignatova Z., Tumanova L. Molecular identification of alternaria alternata in wheat plants at different stages of development Materials of the International Conference „Genetics, Physiology and Plant Breeding”, 2017, pp.245-247
- Mitin V., Tumanova L., Pasha L. Isolation of DNA from soil adapted for PCR analysis of phytopathogens. Materials of the International Conference ''Agrophysics Trends: from actual challenges in arable farming and crop growing towards advanced technologies", St. Petersburg, 2017.
- Deaghileva A., Mitin V., Grajdieru C., Tumanova L. Molecular identification of Alternaria spp. in tomato. Materials of the International Conference „Genetics, Physiology and Plant Breeding”, Chisinau, 2017, pp. 256-259
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahşiev A., Mihnea, N. Testarea primerilor creaţi pentru diagnosticul molecular al infecției fitoplasmice. Buletinul Academiei de Științe a Moldovei. Științele vieții. 2016. Nr. 2(329), 55-61.
- Zamorzaeva I., Bahsiev A. Reliability of the stolbur detection on tomato using express method of DNA extraction. Fundamental and applied research in bioorganical agriculture in Russia, CIS and EU, International scientific and practical conference, 2016, V.1., p. 479-489
- Deaghileva, A., Mitin V., PashaL., Tumanova, L. Molecular examination of tomato plants with TYLCV- likesymptoms. Buletinul Academiei de Ştiinţe a Moldovei. Ştiinţele vieţii. 2016, nr. 3(330), p. 104-108.
- Parra-Rojas JP, Moreno AA., Mitina I, Orellana A. The dynamic of the splicing of bZIP60 and the proteins encoded by the spliced and unspliced mRNAs reveals some unique features during the activation of UPR in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS One, 2015, 10(4), e0122936.
- Henriquez-Valencia C, Moreno AA, Sandoval-Ibañez O, Mitina I, Blanco-Herrera F, Cifuentes-Esquivel N, Orellana A. bZIP17 and bZIP60 regulate the expression of BiP3 and other salt stress responsive genes in an UPR-independent manner in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Cell Biochem, 2015, doi: 10.1002/jcb.25121.
Tel.: (373) 22 66 04 34
Fax: (373) 22 55 61 80
E-mail: [email protected]